Waterproof Dog Beds from Berkeley are a 20 cm (8″) deep rectangular orthopaedic mattress. They are available in 3 sizes to fit all dog breeds. Each has a central layer of pocket springs sandwiched between 4 layers of wool-based felt. This core is then wrapped in lambswool and compressed and buttoned inside a tough zipped natural cotton drill inner bag. We use top quality felt that is made from a mix of recycled cotton and wool with a small percentage of polyester to give added ‘bounce’.
- Pocket spring mattresses are the preferred choice for most human orthopaedic beds. Typically, in one of our Large mattresses, there are around 220 individual springs. These are housed in individual fabric pockets, all working independently of each other. This means that support is offered from the edge to the very centre of the mattress. The coil pocket springs in our waterproof orthopaedic dog beds allow your dog to either ‘nest’ or stretch-out with ease. They also provide an ideal balance of joint support, even weight distribution, insulation and cushioning.
- Ultra-Comfy and suitable for all dog breeds. They are particularly effective for dogs suffering from arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint and ligament complaints and all elderly dogs that may require extra support and warmth.
- Our outer cover that is supplied as standard is a durable 100% waterproof PVC-backed polyester pillow case-design. This is then sealed with heavy duty ‘Velcro’. It can easily be removed for machine washing or it can be left in place and simply wiped or hosed down.
- Use the Waterproof Mattress on it’s own or add one of our wonderful polar fleece or luxury fabric covers for even more comfort and style!
- A truly unique and innovative dog bed made with the very finest quality components and built to last.
- See here what makes our Waterproof Dog Beds so special.